Thursday, January 18, 2007

Overheard Conversations

This conversation took place in our garage between Griffen and two of his neighborhood friends. I will set the scene for you:
Griffen is getting his bike out of the garage to go riding with his 2 friends they have entered through the garage door and are just surveying the area. They end up seeing the 2 large girlie/car/airplane calendars that Pappy has hanging in the garage...you know the type. It's a calendar from the auto parts store but just to make sure that they have the full attention of the target audience they add a scantily clad chick working on the car or sitting on the hood.. you know because that is what is going on in all auto shops across the nation! I mean I can't tell you the number of times that I have went to pick up my car from being worked on and the place is CRAWLING with models in swimsuits..even in January!! How they stay warm I will never know! So there's the scene...

8 year old Boy #1: Look at those girls!

8 year old Boy #2: (looks sheepishly at the pictures.)

8 year old Griffen: Yeah, I told my Dad to get rid of them but he just likes the cars and airplanes. He doesn't even like girls...

Boy #1: Oh, so he doesn't like the girls?

Griffen: No, he just likes cars and stuff like that.

Unfortunately, they were walking out the end of the garage by this time and my bionic ear was not working properly so I did not get to hear the rest of this exchange. I am however patiently waiting for Pappy to come home from work so I can have a good laugh when I tell him that his son is telling his friends that his dad "doesn't even like girls!"

Oh life with kids in a small town...I don't even need TV for entertainment.....Wait..I didn't just say that did I?????

1 comment:

carey said...

Yeah. Wes really looks like the type of guy who doesn't like girls. Wouldn't be Grif be crushed to know the truth?