Saturday, February 24, 2007

Dinner Conversation


So, this evening a friends daughter was having dinner with us and I had the 3 kids set up at the counter eating while I was at the table next to them. I was just reading and sort of listening to them talk about general things when Griffen started telling them about scorpions and what they do etc., etc., etc., which I basically tuned out until I caught the word "mating" I perked up right away and proceeded to hear Griffen tell them about how the "male grabs the female and flips her over and drags her into the shade and DEPOSITS SPERM which the female collects....." oh no, oh no, oh no, this is not happening Mary then says "whats that?" oh no, oh no, oh no.....how do I stop this without turning it into a full up train wreck oh no, oh no, oh no.....so I revert to my usual tactic...I change the subject and quickly jumped in with "How bout them cubbies?" Which led to "We don't have cubbies at my school.", "Oh, I we have them at our school.", "I have cubbies in my school too." Whew! That was a close one. Damn that library, I thought Tipper got them to ban all books about sex!!

1 comment:

carey said...

let's just hope he doesn't think this is the same way humans mate...THAT would be a train wreck :)