Saturday, March 29, 2008

SPRING BREAK HIGHLIGHTS

WOW! This was one of those weeks that flys by but it also seems like Easter was a long time ago instead of just a week ago. Our week started out with Easter. It was nice enough here that the big bunny hid the eggs in the yard for the first time since 2003! Neither boy believed that the eggs were hid outside even after they each found one on the patio. They grabbed that one then ran back inside to find the rest. Once we convinced them that if one egg is hid outside then ALL the eggs are hid outside. They quickly found them all then we all were back inside for hot chocolate. It was sunny but still cold that early in the morning!

On Monday we packed up the camper and with 2 other families headed down to SIX FLAGS for the week. It was a great time. We had nice weather for the most part and even though it was spring break for Oregon and California the crowd and lines were not bad at all with the exception of one ride which all but 2 of the adults and the "too short to ride" crowd stood in line for 2 hours for only to get on and apparently in one of the first turns Griffen looks at Wes and says "I just lost my glasses!" GREAT!! First day of the trip, second ride of the day!! Unfortunately, his prescription is so much that those "one hour" shops cannot make new glasses so he had to go the rest of the time without. It was strange to see him without glasses for so long but he did not have any problems or get any headaches without them so that was good news. So off we all went to ride as many rides as much as possible for 3 days in a row. We had 5 adults and 7 kids with us ranging in ages from 6 months to 10 years. We all had a good time with the exception of a couple of hunger meltdowns, and one water from the dolphin tank incident!

First day, all the kiddo's and Pappy!


It's a Looney Tune World!

Griffen sans glasses!!

His Highlights:

He went on the BIG rides. KONG, MEDUSA, TAZMANIAN DEVIL, BOOMERANG!!!

This is a big step for him.

Carsen's Highlights and quotes:

Wes and I having a little spat (neither of us remember what it was about.) and Carsen say's to him.

"Why did you ever marry her?" (Little Harsh!)

At the Jelly Belly factory we look over and Carsen and our friends son, also blonde and blue eyed are getting their picture taken with an Asian family. When the boys came back over to us I asked why they were taking pictures with them and Carsen replies,

"They wanted us to but I couldn't understand them they speak spanish."

On this trip he also informed me during his one meltdown before bed that,

"I ruined his life and everyone elses too!" (OUCH!)

He changed his mind after a good nights sleep!

My Highlight???

At the Jelly Belly factory I got punked by the husbands! Griffen was the unknowing pawn in this little GAG! (Literally, GAG!!)

So, we all get our favorite flavor of beans and are formulating our next move while eating these beans and Griffen says hey there are some in my bag that I didn't put in there so I tell him that sometimes with that many they get a few flavors mixed up and just take them out and give them to me. Which he does and seeing the 'buttered popcorn' flavor I pop it into my mouth. Well, I quickly realize that I am not tasting buttered popcorn but 'rotton egg' yes, you read that right ROTTEN EGG!!!!!!!!!! I am able to turn around and the trash can is right there so I can spit it out and proceed to spit again a few more times, then jump around because I am about to toss my cookies right there in the visitor's center of the Jelly Belly factory on front of everyone!!! YEP....they sell those Harry Potter Beans there also...and as bad as the rotten egg tasted I am VERY glad that I did not end up with VOMIT, or BOOGER. (they have them) It was a total set~up and I still can't believe that I walked right into it with my eyes WIDE open. Gotta love livin' with BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

carey said...

oh, surely wes will pay for the rotten egg incident? i can't wait to hear what you have up your sleeve. the trip sounds like quite the adventure, you guys never go the peace and quiet route do you> he he.

Karen said...

Oh, man. I would so have paid you to bring/send me some of those Booger/Vomit jelly beans. Although, really, I probably wouldn't be able to knowingly feed someone Vomit. What kind of a person would do that? I know, the same kind that would give his wife Rotten Egg.

I hope you get him GOOD.

Rocky said...

Hey Karen we have plenty left over~ skunk smell, black pepper, toothpaste, booger, vomit, rotten egg, ear wax, baby wipes, grass. I also tried baby wipes but that was by my own choice. I would be happy to send them on! I will keep you all up to date on my revenge!!!! Believe me I have to get my beloved and my friends husband also....