Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Challenge...

So Monday of this week I started a fitness challenge with a friend of mine. She created it and I just have to follow it cardio, weights, etc..... Sounds great! Here's the drawback......she comes to my house at 5 a.m. Monday-Friday to start the day with a brisk 3 1/2 mile morning walk while carrying weights. For those of you who know me I am not even remotely a morning person....but I told her I would do this as long as she does not mind that I am grouchy! So we began on Monday and getting up at 4:50 a.m. kicked my butt! (yes I sleep in workout clothes in order to sleep in as much as possible!) (oh and BTW...Wes is gone so nobody cares what I am sleeping in!) Anyway, I ended up taking 2 naps that day, out of absolute neccesity! But, as much as I am surprised to admit it today is day 3 of doing this and I don't feel like I was hit by a truck. I don't think that I will ever be a morning person but I have to admit I like knowing that even if I did nothing else today I did walk 3-1/2 miles before anyone else in my house was even out of bed!

*Funny Quote of the Week*

"I need to brush my teeth again, they look golden and I'm not even a pirate!"
~Carsen

2 comments:

Karen said...

I can't stop giggling at Carsen.

Good job on the a.m. workouts. I've done it in the past, and while a person can get into any new habit, would really rather catch the 9:15 spin class (after breakfast and two cups of coffee). I'm proud of you, though. Is there a goal? Keep us posted on your naps, er, results.

carey said...

Rocky, I KNOW how much you hate mornings, so i am doubly proud of you. Plus, I did the 4:50 thing one day and it was hard. But if you were here, I'd do it just to see you up at that hour :)